Wednesday 8 April 2015

Presentation Reflection

I did a presentation of my problem solution eassay to the class. I aimed to convey the issue in my essay, to communicate the current exisiting solution and give a better solution in my opinion.

As my topic is about how the STOMP platform is abused by contributors that cause an infringement of personal privacy and harrassment, it would have been more effective to convey my ideas to the class if I could have prepared visual aids and presented my evidence in Powerpoint slides.  Since no cue cards were allowed, the Powerpoint slides would come in very handy as a reference to the pointers that I would like to share as well. Also, under pressure, I may not remember all my points.

No matter how familiar I am with the points in my presentation, it definitely made me feel nervous the moment I started presenting in front of the class as all eyes were on me and I instantly became the certain of the attention in class. I also face the pressure to make my presentation as engaging as possible so that my audiences would not lose interest in my topic half way through the presentation.
I tried to be as confident as possible, first be adopting a confident standing position and I tried to give eye contact to every of my audiences. Although I started the presentation feeling quite nervous, I tried not to rush through my pointers and made a conscious effort to pace myself as a conversational pace.

The feedbacks I received from the class were encouraging. However, I may have to further sustantiate my argument with reasoning and more examples and work on my conclusion to make it more impactful.


All in all, I am thankful for this opportunity to present to the class and receive feedbacks. It is a good way to build confidence and presentation skills.

1 comment: