Thursday 2 April 2015

Critical Reflection Draft 1

ES1102 is not your usual boring English class as my tutor Brad livens the class with different methods of teaching such as peer review, blogging, group presentations and grammar exercises.

I find peer review beneficial. Not only have I exposed to ideas and view points rather than my own, I made extra effort to examine my peers’ work to make sure that my feedbacks were constructive and helpful to them. In the process, it reinforced my own grasp of the language.

On the other hand, I am more comfortable and find it more constructive to receive feedbacks from my tutor, Brad as I think that peer feedbacks can sometimes be misleading.

All in all, after a few weeks of class, I am more mindful of the grammar errors that I tend to make subconsciously in my writing. Also I make extra effort to  organization of my reports as it affects the overall presentation. The skills that I have picked up in class are definitely transferable to written reports for my other modules. Undoubtedly, these skills will also benefit me in the workforce in the future.


Inevitably, mastering a good English writing skill a gradual process, consistent and continuous efforts such as regular reading and practice are required to fine tune my writing skills even after the class has come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment